Friday, July 27, 2012

Catch A Wave

Link
Catch A Wave
This tutorial was written by Jenny on 7-27-2012. Resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the licensed artwork of Lielman. This is an exclusive tube available for purchase through PicsForDesign (PFD).

Supplies Needed:
1 tube of choice
Scrapkit of choice (I'm using FTU Catch A Wave by Designs by Sarah)
*I can't seem to find this kit her on blog anymore. You can check here for similar kits from that blog train or use another kit of choice*
WSL Mask302 by Weescotslass
Font of choice (I'm using Mawns Handwriting)

Open new canvas 600 x 600 and flood fill white.

New raster layer,select with magic wand,copy & paste paper of choice (I used paper7) into selection, select none, apply mask.

Add frame of choice (I used frame 1 and resized 75%)

Copy & Paste paper of choice (paper3) as a new layer, resize and place below frame, use magic wand to select inside the frame(s), selections, modify, expand by 2, selections, invert, delete, select none.

Now go back to your mask layer and we'll add from there.

I added waves2 and resized approx 75% (doodles will do if you don't have this kit), place upward and to the left, see my tag if needed.

Add net, flip, add drop shadow, place toward the bottom sticking out from frame, duplicate, flip.

Add branch, resize if needed, place so that some of it sticks out from the frame.

Add flower and do the same with it,resizing if needed.

Now back inside of the frame(s), above the paper layer, add seaweed, resize if needed, see my tag for placement.

On top of the frame layer, add ribbon or bow.

Add starfish, seahorse, fish, ect, resizing to your liking.

Add tube,resize if needed, add drop shadow to tube and to frame layer.

Resize or crop your tag if needed.

Add copyright/licensing info along with your text and now you're ready to save.
Don't forget to save a blank for later use.

If you want the transparent background then close the white background before saving as a PNG file.

I hope you've enjoyed this tut and will take the time to show your appreciation by leaving some love in the C-Box and/or voting for me at 1Award(link to the right). I'd love to see your results.

TOD

No comments:

Post a Comment