Thursday, April 8, 2010

Enchanted Rose


Enchanted Rose
This tutorial was written by Jenny on 4-7-2010. Resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the artwork of Ann Howard. You need a license to use her artwork. I have a license through MyTagArt.
Please check her site for new licensing information.

Supplies Needed:
1 Tube of choice
Scrapkit of choice
(I'm using Spring Into Fall PTU by Wicked Princess Scraps)
Template #63 by Saras Scraps
Mask of choice (I'm using one by zuzanna mask05)
Fonts of choice (I'm using Cafe Rojo and Ms to try a bon?)

Open template, hide wordart, hearts and copyright info, shift d to duplicate and close the original.

Image, resize, make sure your dpi is set appropriately, 650x650, resize all layers checked.

New raster layer, send to bottom, flood fill white.

New raster layer, select with magic wand, flood fill with a complimentary color of choice, select none, apply mask.

The tube I'm using, like many of the tubes offered at MyTagArt, has extra layers. I highly recommend that you use a similar type of tube but if you are using a scrapkit that includes roses/flowers then you should be just fine :).

Select Raster2, recolor using the Change to Target Brush.

Select circle 1, selections, select all, float, defloat, new raster layer, flood fill with a color of choice (I used the same color as I used on my mask).

Select rectangle 1, select all, float, defloat, copy & paste Paper of choice as a new layer, resize if needed, selections, invert, delete, select none, hide original.

Select circle 3, repeat same step as above changing the paper.

Select frame background 1, selections, select all, float, defloat, new raster layer, flood fill with another color of choice, select none, hide original.

Repeat on frame background 2.

Repeat same step on frame 1 and frame 2 using a different color, add a drop shadow to each layer.

Select circle 4, selections, select all, float, defloat, copy & paste another paper of choice as a new layer, resize if needed, copy & paste tube of choice as a new layer, resize if needed, place to your liking, selections, invert, delete on paper layer, delete on tube layer, select none, hide original.

Select rectangle 2, selections, select all, float, defloat, new raster layer, flood fill with a color of choice (again I used the same color as the mask layer),select none, hide original.

Now you can start to adorn your tag creation with roses/flowers, vines, ivy, ect, see my tag.

Next I added "enchanted" using Cafe Rojo, background black, foreground same color as mask, stroke width 2.0, converted to raster layer, selections, select all, float, defloat, selections, modify, expand 2, new raster layer, flood fill with white, move below text, select none, add subtle drop shadow. I also added a little noise to the white layer.

Resize canvas if you'd like. I resized mine to approx. 625x537.

Add copyright info and your name and you're now ready to save.

As with any tag creation, don't forget to save a blank incase you want to use it later.

Thank you for trying my tutorial. I would love to see your results. Please leave some love in my C-Box! It's greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment