Sunday, June 21, 2009

Colorize the World


Colorize the World

This tutorial was written by Jenny on 6-21-2009. Resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the artwork of Suzanne Woolcott. You can purchase her tubes HERE. Please do not use the same tube without having a proper license to do so.


Supplies Needed:
1 Tube of choice (one with a paint brush will work best)
1 Photo of choice
(I'm using one of my own in the above example and you can download this particular photo for free HERE freebie package #11 under JennyZ DreamZ Freebies please follow my TOU)
4 fonts of choice
(I used FB Pomegrante for my name, KF Fun Font for the word Colorize, Impact for the word the, A&S Bone for World)
Birthday Bash FTU Scrapkit by Tantrum Scraps
(click on scrapkits, find Birthday Bash)
UFMask13 by Urban FairyTales
Brushes 1-3 by Rachel


Open a new canvas 600 x 500 and flood fill white. We'll resize later.
New raster layer, select with magic wand, copy & paste Paper14 into selection, select none, move below background layer, select background layer, apply mask.

Copy & Paste frame as a new layer, add drop shadow.

Open photo and greyscale it.

Copy & Paste Photo of choice onto canvas.
Now remember if you are using one of my freebies in combination with a tube then I only require that you credit me with Photo Courtesy of Jenny Parson (you do not need to include the © symbol nor my link)

Place photo below frame, resize if needed.

Copy & Paste tube of choice, place below frame, resize if needed, add drop shadow.

Copy & Paste Journal2 as a new layer, resize 50%, add drop shadow, free rotate right 15 degrees and place ontop of the frame left side.

Copy & Paste Ribbon5 onto the frame, resize 95%, add drop shadow.

Copy & Paste bow4 as a new layer, resize 65%, add drop shadow and place on Ribbon5.

Copy & Paste flower of choice, resize to your liking,add drop shadow, place in upper left corner of frame.

Now back on the photo layer, Use the Change to Target Brush
(foreground matching colors from the scrapkit), paint on the photo, it doesn't have to be perfect.
If you have some paint Splatters in your brush section you can add splats of paint using different colors.

Type out the saying you want to appear at the top of your tag.

Add the name on the Journal. Resize or crop the tag down if you'd like.

Add copyright info and you are done.


This is the first tag I created with this idea. That photo actually inspired this tutorial.

The photo was part of a challenge at the Just Gorjuss forum and is by a wonderful lady named Kristie. I loved how my creation turned out so thought I would tut it.




TOD




No comments:

Post a Comment