Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm Going to Grandma's


I'm Going to Grandma's


This tutorial was written by Jenny on 5-3-2009. Resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the artwork of Suzanne Woolcott. I purchased these tubes when she was with AMI. You can now found her tubes HERE.


Supplies Needed:
Atleast 2 sitting Tubes, a couple of smaller tubes or the SW babies
Home Sweet Home PTU Scrapkit by Soxsational Scraps
Font of choice ( I used SBC Jills Place)


Open a new canvas 650 x 500 we'll resize later. Flood fill white.


Click on your preset tool (settings: ellipse, anti-alias checked, create as vector, width 0)
Turn foreground layer off.
Open paper10, click on the background pallette, pattern (angel 45, scale 72), select the paper10.
Use the selection tool and draw out a circle in the middle of your canvas. See my tag.
Add drop shadow (I used 2,2,60,5)


Now repeat the steps above twice more using 2 different papers, make the circles smaller and place accordingly. Merge all 3 circle layers only together.


Copy and Paste hearts as a new layer, resize 65%, add drop shadow and move toward the top of the canvas.
Copy and Paste sign, add drop shadow, resize 50%, place ontop of the middle heart.
Merge these two layers only together.


Copy and Paste Couch1 & 2 as new layers, resize to your liking, add drop shadow, place opposite of each other.


Copy and Paste corner table as a new layer, resize to your liking, add drop shadow, place between the two couches.


Copy and Paste basket of flowers and basket of apples as a new layer, add drop shadow to each, resize to your liking, place to your liking. See my tag.


Copy and Paste brad1 as a new layer, resize 50% twice, add drop shadow and see my tag for placement.


Copy and Paste cusions as a new layer, resize to your liking, add drop shadow, place infront of one of the couches. See my tag.


Copy and Paste the cat from the scrap as a new layer, resize if needed, add drop shadow, place on the arm of one of the couches.


*If using the SW babies you can copy and paste the milk glass as a new layer, resize, add drop shadow and sit on the corner table.


Copy and Paste ribbon as a new layer, add drop shadow, move below all layers but above circle layer.


Copy and Paste each sitting tube as a new layer, resize if needed, add drop shadow, see my tag for placement.


If using the SW babies or cat then you can also add those and their accessories, resize if needed, add drop shadow and see my tag for placement.


Merge visible. Resize the tag if you'd like. 80 or 85 % should be fine.


Add copyright info, text and you're done.
On my text I used one of the papers from the kit, I put it into my background pallete, used white in my foreground, stroke width 2.

I'd love to see your results and display them in my showcase.
TOD




No comments:

Post a Comment