Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kiss Me



Kiss Me

This tutorial was written by Jenny on 2-28-2009. Resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the artwork of Geeta Maraj. You need to purchase a license from UpYourArt to use this artwork.

Supplies Needed:
1 Tube of choice (The one I'm using is by Geeta Maraj and can be purchased at UpYourArt)
Wearin The Green PTU Scrapkit by Just A Girl's Designs
Font of choice (I'm using DT St Patty)
Mask of choice (Of course I'm using my favorite from Weescotslass)


Open a new canvas 600 x 600 (we'll resize later). Flood fill white.
Using a paper of choice, apply mask layer.
Copy and paste frame2 as a new layer,resize, add a subtle drop shadow.
Copy and paste paper of choice,resize,using selection tool remove an excess paper from the below the frame.

Copy and paste flower deco as a new layer,resize and move to the left side above the frame,add drop shadow,image,duplicate,image,mirror.

Copy and paste leaves as a new layer,resize,add drop shadow, move below flower deco layer on the left of the frame, duplicate,image,mirror.

Copy and paste charm,resize,add drop shadow, place above frame and at the top right corner of the frame,free rotate around 10 degrees.

Copy and paste bow of choice,resize, add drop shadow and place above charm,image,mirror.

Copy and paste pot of gold as a new layer,resize,add drop shadow,move below flower deco layer but above leaves layer. See my tag.

Copy and paste rainbow as a new layer, add drop shadow,move below frame layer but above paper layer,use selection tool to get rid of any excess rainbow sticking out from the frame.

Now for the tube.. Copy and paste tube of choice and place to your liking. If you are using a similar tube,here's what I did:
Copy and paste tube,move below rainbow layer,using selection tool I took off any excess that I didn't need. Using the selection tool, I selected the part I wanted above the flower deco, right click, promote selection to layer,move the selection above all other layers,select none.

Then I did the same thing to the flower deco only selecting the parts that needed to be brought above the tube.

You can leave those steps out and just add your tube if you wish.
Copy and paste twill tag of choice,resize,add drop shadow and place to your liking, since part of this tube came with the hair sort of chopped off, I used the twill tag to cover that part.

Merge visible, resize by 85% if you want.
Add copyright info.
Add your text and you are done.With mine I used a stroke width of 1.5, converted to raster layer,selections,select all,float,defloat,modify,3, add a new layer, flood fill with a matching color,select none,add drop shadow.


I'd love to see your results.
TOD

No comments:

Post a Comment