Monday, November 10, 2008

Under the Christmas Tree




This tutorial was written by Jenny on 11-10-2008. Resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the amazing artwork of Amanda Fontaine. You must have a license in order to use her artwork. I have one through Artistic Minds Inc. You can now purchase her tubes HERE.

Supplies Needed:
2 tubes of choice
Beary Christmas PTU Scrapkit by Baby Cakes Scraps
Tag Template 72 by Missy
2 Fonts of choice (I am using Glider Girls for the name and Carrington for the message)
dsb flux bright noise (optional)

Open the template and close off the copyright layer,shift D and close the original template.

Use your magic wand and select inside the rectangle, copy and paste a paper of choice from the Beary Christmas Scrapkit as a new layer, resize if needed, selections,invert,delete,selections,select none.

You will repeat the step above for the circle,background frame,frame and thin rectangle each time use a different paper. You may want to rename each new paper layer (for example rectangle1,circle1,ect) if you're easily confused. Once you are done with that you need to close out all the layers on the original template so that now your paper layers are the only layers visible.

Make sure you're on the circle layer, copy and paste doodle of choice as a new layer, resize to your liking. Copy and paste bow of choice as a new layer,resize,add drop shadow and see my tag for placement.

Use your magic wand and select inside the background frame paper layer, copy and paste the close up tube as a new layer, resize if needed, (I even mirrored mine before pasting it as a new layer), selections,invert, with the close up tube selected, hit delete,add drop shadow.

Copy and paste your other tube as a new layer, resize if needed,add drop shadow, see my tag for placement. Copy and paste puffy tree sticker as a new layer,resize,add drop shadow and move to the right of your tag.

Here's where you can use the dsb flux if you want to, if not skip to the next step. Use the magic wand and select the ornaments on the tree (I also selected the lights on my tube) effects,plugins,dsb flux, 23,selections,select none. I didn't animate mine but you can if you wish.

Add copyright info.

Now it's time to add a saying to the upper left corner. I switched up the colors in my text to match the layers in my tag. I used Carrington Font.

I used Glider Girls for the name on my tag, size 55, stroke width 2.0, added a drop shadow, used the magic wand to select inside each letter of the name and added dsb flux bright noise again,selections, select none.

Merge visible. Thanks for trying my tut!
TOD

No comments:

Post a Comment