Saturday, November 15, 2008

Snow Days

Photobucket

Snow Days
I'm not pleased with having to use thumbnails so I'm going to try it this way from now on. I hope you all are able to see these better as they have been made to fit the screen. Remember when I'm making a tag I usually always start out with 600x600 and sometimes I will resize by 85%. Of course you can do them however you like.


This tutorial was written by Jenny on 11-15-2008. Resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the lovely artwork of Lacy Clagg. I have a license for this tube through LCTS. You can now find her artwork at MyTagArt.

Supplies needed:
Missy tubes by Lacy Clagg or tube of
your choice
First Snow ftu scrapkit by Bluedream Designs
Font of choice (I'm using Rebekah's Birthday)

Open a new canvas 600 x 600. Flood fill white.
Copy & Paste paper of choice as a new layer, resize approx 85%,add drop shadow
Copy & Paste another paper of choice as a new layer,repeat same as above, free rotate,12 degrees to the left.
Copy & Paste another paper of choice as a new layer, same as above except change the rotate to the right.
Copy and paste Christmas tree as a new layer, resize if needed, add drop shadow, move to the right of your canvas.
copy & Paste snowman of choice, resize,add drop shadow, move to the right of the canvas.
Copy & Paste Fence as a new layer, resize if needed,add drop shadow and move down to the bottom of your papers.
copy & Paste snowman couple as a new layer, resize,add drop shadow and move the right side of the canvas.
Open one of the flower layers,rotate clockwise 90,copy and paste as a new layer onto your tag, resize,add drop shadow, place on the fence (see tag for placement) duplicate,image,mirror.
Copy and paste tube of choice as a new layer,resize if needed,add a drop shadow,see tag for placement.
You can add mittens of ornaments to the tree if you wish.
You can now resize if you want.
If you're using the same tube and font as me you can now add your text to the sign the girl is holding. With using this particular font I decided to place a message on the sign and the name infront of the snow couple.
Now you can add the copyright info, merge visible. You're done. Thanks for trying my tutorial.
TOD

No comments:

Post a Comment