Sunday, November 16, 2008

Santa's Helpers

Photobucket

Santa's Helpers


I'm not pleased with having to use thumbnails so I'm going to try it this way from now on. I hope you all are able to see these better as they have been made to fit the screen. Remember when I'm making a tag I usually always start out with 600x600 and sometimes I will resize by 85%. Of course you can do them however you like.

This tutorial was written by Jenny on 11-16-2008. Resemblance to any other tutorial is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the artwork of Amanda Fontaine for this tut. You will need a license to use her artwork. I have one through Artistic Minds Inc. You can now purchase her tubes HERE.

Supplies Needed:
3 tubes of choice
Waiting for Santa PTU Scrapkit by Cinnamon Scraps
WSL_Mask84 you can download HERE
Font of choice (I'm using Elise)


Open new canvas 600x600, flood fill white. You can resize later.
New Raster Layer,select with magic wand.
Copy & Paste a paper of choice into layer, select none, apply mask.

Copy & Paste foliage as a new layer,resize,drop shadow,mirror, place to the left of your screen. (you may want to rotate it a bit)

Copy & Paste Candy Cane as a new layer,resize,drop shadow,image,rotate around 20 degrees right, duplicate,mirror, see my tag for arranging. Hide all layers except candy canes and merge visible. Unhide

Copy & Paste frame 6 as a new layer,resize,add drop shadow,copy and paste paper of choice as a new layer,move below frame, use your magic wand and click inside the frame,with the paper layer selected,selections,modify,3,selections,invert,delete,select none.

Now you just need to copy and paste your tubes one at a time, resizing as you go. Do NOT add a drop shadow yet. Place the tubes to your liking and one by one you can use your selection tool to bring parts of the tube above the frame layer. Use the selection tool and draw out what part of the tube you want showing over the frame (see my tag for more info) right click on that layer,promote selection to layer,bring that layer to the top,select none. Once you've done all 3 that way you can then go back and add a drop shadow to the original tube layer.

Copy & Paste the Merry Christmas word art and place to your liking.

Copy & Paste the train as a new layer,resize,add drop shadow. See how I placed one of the arms from the tube over the train?

Now here is where you can resize if you want. Then add your copyright info, text and merge visible. You're finished. Thanks for trying my tutorial.
TOD

No comments:

Post a Comment