Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Lacy



Happy Birthday Lacy

This tutorial is dedicated to one of my wonderful friends,Lacy Clagg, who just recently celebrated her birthday. Thanks Lacy for being such a great friend, you're the best! This tutorial was written by Jenny on July 30, 2008. Any resemblance to other tuts is purely coincidental and unintentional. I am using the artwork of Lacy Clagg. You need a license to use her artwork. I am licensed to this image through LCTS. You can now purchase her tubes at Creative Design Outlet.

*please note that my tutorials are not to be sold,copied or profited from in any way.

Ok on to the tut!

Supplies needed for this tut:
Tube of choice
It's My Party Scrapkit designed by Jen Elkins & Nikki Scott (such an awesome freebie~thanks ladies)
Mask of choice (I'm using one by Becky,not supplied)
Font of choice (I'm using Never Writes Back)
I also used MarkerFeltThin for the Happy Birthday part.

This is going to be fairly simple as I'm assuming you are familiar with PSP.

Open a new canvas 650x550 flood fill white. You can resize your tag once you have it created.
New raster layer add a paper of choice, apply mask of choice.

For the frame I simply took several of the square buttons from the kit, resized at around 50% 3x's, added a drop shadow, rotated one right by 10, rotated another left by 10. Once I had about 4 of those I closed off all the other layers and merged the buttons, duplicate, mirror, then it's just a matter of copying one of those layers and pasting as a new image, rotate it and add to the top, duplicate, mirror then bring it all together as a frame. Please not you may need to use your raster deform to bring it all together...be creative.
Copy and paste another paper as a new layer and keep behind the frame you just made, erase the excess paper.
Copy and paste your tube as a new layer and keep it under the frame, erase the excess, add a drop shadow of choice.

Now it's just a matter of adding all the pretties...... I resized them all atleast 3x's by 50%. Add a drop shadow and place them accordingly (see tag above)...or be unique and do your own style ;) up to you.
I duplicated the balloons 2x's and did those the same way I did the buttons, rotate one right 10 and the other left 10.

After you have your tag put together then add your copyright info and you're done.
All you need to do is add your saying (as you can see i swapped up colors on the letters).
Then add your name.

Thank you for trying this tut. I hope you enjoyed it. I realize it is probably a bit different but I wanted to do it as easy as possible.

Would love to see your results.
TOD

No comments:

Post a Comment